Ripple Effect by KERI LAKE

Blurb:
From ​the author of Ricochet and Backfire comes a dark and gritty alpha male romance, set in the Chicago underground.
What happens when a ruthless killer with no conscience takes in an irresistible young drug addict on the run from dangerous men?
Ripley
They call me RIP.
I’m a killer. A murderer. A psychopath.
In the eyes of the righteous, I’m a monster, born of sin and depravity.
I want to protect her, but I’m not a good man.
I want to love her, but I no longer feel.
She gets under my skin, though, and has awakened something inside of me.
Something I’d kill for.
I’m not her savior—not even close. In fact, I’m worse than the hell she’s already suffered.
I’m her vengeance. Tit for tat, as they say.
And if she’s not careful, I’ll be her ruin.

Dylan
For months, I’ve watched him.
I’ve fantasized him as my savior, my lover. My ticket out of the hell I’ve lived in for the last six years.
I never dreamed he’d be my nightmare.
Had I known what he really is, I’d have never gotten in the car that night, but life is full of cause and effect.
And sometimes the choice on offer isn’t a choice at all.
It’s the result of something already in motion, and we’re merely left to survive the ripple effect.

My Review
This book was so good! A really good dark romance. I absolutely loved it! 
…Every decision you make affects every moment that follows, Dylan. It’s like a ripple effect. Choose wisely.
What I loved about this story that the main character, Ripley was a really bad guy, a criminal, a roughless killer, a hitman who didn't become a good man after he met Dylan. I think this element makes this story a really good dark romance. Bad guys can fall in love too. And this made the story real. The author didn't changed the character's nature, Rip didn't become a good, law-abiding man because he fell in love with a woman. I loved to read how protective he became. He did everything he could to protect Dylan.
Dylan was a victim. She lost her father when she was a kid, and she had to see that her mother became a prostitute and a drug addict. She was still young when her mother died and she had to move in with her aunt. Her life didn't change, she had to go through  alot of awful things and she became a drug addict too. When she met Ripley she knew that he was a bad guy, she saw him brutally kill someone, but she wasn't afraid of him. They had connection, they were attracted to each other. 
He’s not my saviour. He’s an angel with black wings. A dealer of death. My ruin.
I loved that the story was written in alternate point of views. 
I think the author created a perfect couple, they were perfect for each other.
He may not be a hero in the traditional sense, but in my world, where violence us life and suffering is survival, Ripley is a brutal contender against the iniquity I've come to know. And that makes him a good man, in my eyes.
The characters were well-written, the plot was exciting with perfect amount of hot scenes and some really horrific scenes too. 
The heart may be resilient, but it's born of fire and longs for the flame.
I recommend this book to every dark romance lover! 5*
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Check out her other books, especially Ricochet! I loved that book too! You can read my 5* review of Ricochet here: Ricochet review

Véleményem:
Nagyon tetszett ez a könyv! Pont erre volt most szükségem, egy tökéletes dark romance történetre!
Ami igazán tetszett a történetben, hogy a főszereplő, Ripley egy igazi rosszfiú volt, aki a Dylan-nel való találkozás után se változott meg. Ripley egy bérgyilkos, egy kegyetlen gyilkos, bűnöző volt, aki alapvetően ilyen is maradt a sztori végén is. Tetszett, hogy az írónő alapjaiban nem változtatta meg a jellemét. Így valósághűbb lett a történet. Elvégre bűnözők is szerelembe eshetnek...Ez tette a történetet igazán jó dark romance könyvvé. Rip nem vált egy törvénytisztelő, béhés állampolgárrá, hanem maradt a régi önmaga. Viszont tetszett mennyire védelmezővé vált,mindent megtett azért, hogy megvédje Dylan-t.
Dylan szörnyű dolgokon ment keresztül. Már gyerekként elvesztette apját, majd végig kellett néznie, ahogy anyja prostituálttá és drogfüggővé vált és végül őt is elvesztette túladagolás miatt. Ezután került a nagynénjéhez, de élete itt is szörnyű volt. szörnyű dolgokon ment keresztül, és ő is a drog rabjává vált. 
Mikor találkozott Ripley-vel már tudta, hogy ő egy bűnöző, hiszen előtte ölt meg egy embert. De nem félt tőle, volt köztük valami kapocs, ami vonzotta őket egymáshoz.
Szuper volt szerintem, hogy a történet kettős nézőpontból íródott.
Az írónő tökéletes párost alkotott, Ripley és Dylan tökéletesen illettek egymáshoz.
Kaptunk egy izgalmas kis történetet, jól megírt karakterekkel és jó pár forró jelenettel, de azért akadt 1-2 szörnyű, brutális jelenet is a könyvben, ami szerintem tökéletessé tette ezt a dark romance-t.
Ajánlom mindenkinek, aki szereti a rázós, sötét romantikus történeteket. 5*
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nem ez az első könyvem az írónőtől, ajánlom figyelmetekbe a Ricochet című könyvét, ami számomra szintén 5 csillagos könyv volt. Erről értékelést itt olvashattok: Ricochet értékelés

0 Megjegyzések