NEVER GOT OVER YOU by Whitney G.~ARC review

Blurb:

Nine and a half years ago, you married a man who wasn't me. He wasn't even half of me...

Nine and a half hours ago, you walked through the doors of my billion-dollar boardroom for a job interview.
Although every person at the table fell for your charm and applauded, I didn't dare. I couldn't help but notice your bare ring finger. Couldn't help but notice that you were even sexier now than you were on the night we first met.
I honestly didn't want to hire you, but I had no choice. (I was outvoted 16-1, but trust me, you got this job by default.)
When you signed the papers and we shook hands, I didn't bring up the fact that you didn't "wait for me" like you promised to years ago, or that you just moved on with your life like what we had meant nothing. Instead, I insisted that we keep things one-hundred percent professional.
So, for the record: I've long forgotten about you and all the times we shared. (This includes the way your body feels under mine, the way your laughter used to make me smile, and the way you used to breathlessly say my name for hours at a time.)
I'm definitely not in denial, this is all one hundred percent true. You'll never hear me say that you still have an effect on me, that you're still the best I've ever had, or worse, that I never got over you...

My review:
I really missed Whitney G.' stories. Nowadays I haven't read anything from her. One of my favorite books is Reasonable doubt though. I don't say I loved this book as much as that one, but I really liked it. 
It was a light-hearted, angsty, and hot second chance romance. I think I needed this book right now, this story was a perfect relaxation for me.
James was a hot, cocky, tattood guy. I loved that he wasn't just the above but he was sweet and caring too. I really liked that Kate wasn't a sweet virgin. She was sassy and a tough girl when she met with James. Their chemistry was so perfect, the author wrote some really hot scenes! 
I really liked to read about their past, but the chapters from the present were sooo angsty I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what happened between them in the past, why they seperated. Both characters were so myterious, I loved this so much, it made the story interesting.
This story didn't have a deep message, but it was a perfect erotic-romantic contemporary romance, with interesting characters and plot and hot scenes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Igazán hiányoltam már Whitney G. történeteit, mostanában nem olvastam tőle. A kedvenc könyvem az írónőtől az Alapos kétely. Nem mondom, hogy ez a könyve akkora nagy kedvenc lett, de tetszett. 
Egy könnyed, forró, második esélyről szóló szerelmi történet, amit most teljesen jól esett olvasni. Most szükségem volt erre a könyvre, hogy kikapcsolódjak. Erre tökéletes volt.
James egy szexi, beképzelt tetovált srác volt, de ami igazán tetszett a karakterében, hogy mindemellett gondoskodó és édes pasi is volt. Igazán megkedveltem Kate-et, tetszett, hogy nem egy kis szerény, édes szűz lányka volt, hanem kemény csajként ismerhettük meg. A két főszereplő közötti kémia nagyon erős volt, Whitney írt néhány nagyon forró jelenetet.
Szerettem a múltjukról olvasni, de azok a fejezetek, amik a jelenről szólnak annyira izgalmasak voltak, hogy nem tudtam letenni a könyvet. Kíváncsi voltam, mi történhetett a múltban, ami miatt el kellett válniuk. Mindkét fél nagyon titokzatos volt, ami a történetet rettentően izgalmassá tette.
Nem mondhatom, hogy ennek a könyvnek van bármilyen mélyebb mondanivalója, de tényleg tökéletes kikapcsolódást jelentett nekem a rohanó hétkönapokban ez az erotikus-romantikus történet. Egyébként nem biztos, hogy ha máskor olvasom kap tőlem 4 csillagot, de most tényleg szükségem volt egy ilyen sztorira. Azoknak ajánlom, akik tényleg egy kis könnyed kikapcsolódásra vágynak, annak tökéletes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

0 Megjegyzések