THE IRON TIARA by Beth Flynn

Series: Nine Minutes Spin-off novel
Blurb:
Anthony ​Bear and Christy Chapman are from two completely different worlds.
Anthony's the leader of a motorcycle gang that terrorizes Florida’s West Coast. As a child, he ran away from his family and the Cherokee Indian Reservation to enter a life of crime. As an adult, he leads a multifaceted life managing his two businesses—his legitimate landscaping venture, and his loan shark and underworld dealings. Driven by anger and betrayal, Anthony begins the hunt for Christy’s father, Van Chapman, after he runs out on a loan.
Christy’s privileged life is not as it seems. She has kept painful family secrets and hidden some of her own. She’s determined to find out the truth and expose Van, but her search delivers her right into Anthony Bear’s hands, adding kidnapping to his list of crimes.
Their worlds are as contrasting as the color of their skin. The only thing they seem to have in common is their mutual disdain for Van Chapman…and each other.
They couldn’t be more wrong.
The Iron Tiara is a spin-off novel from The Minutes Trilogy. It can be read as a standalone, and does not contain a cliffhanger.

My Review:
I love Beth Flynn. 
I love the Nine Minutes Trilogy.
I liked this book.
BUT Anthony wasn't Grizz. 😁
When I bought the e-book I was so curious because I loved the author's style, I loved the trilogy, and I was so excited to read about Anthony Bear and Christy. And I saw the cover... WOW! It is beautiful!
Two hearts connected by strands of gold. My heart you will always hold. Safe by my side, you will always be. My forever love, you belong to me.
I really liked this story. Anthony was a criminal, who was more brutal than Grizz. I loved to read about how this villain started to care about Christy who was so different from him: Anthony was a murderer, a criminal, Christy was a rich heiress, a good girl. Anthony kidnapped Christy (like Grizz kidnapped Kit in Nine minutes). But this couple were different from Grizz and Kit. Christy didn't care about Anthony's businesses, his criminal life. Despite all this, she fell for him, I thought she fell for him too quickly. Same as Anthony, he fell in love with her when he abducted her. I didn't really liked this insta love... But I loved them together. I loved that Anthony was patient, unbelievably patient,  ohh I loved how he treated Christy. 💓
The story was written in dual POV which was good for the book because we became to know the characters more, we could understand their feelings more.
What I really liked in this book that there were a lot of secrets. The secrets made the Nine Minutes Trilogy one of my favorite series. 
So I liked the characters, I liked the storyline, the secrets, BUT I loved Kit & Grizz's story more. That story was more unique. What I loved about Nine Minutes that everything, everything happend for a reason, Grizz was so clever. I became to love him because of this. Somehow Anthony couldn't overpower Grizz's character. I didn't say I didn't love Anthony because despite of his criminal life he was a caring, loving guy. I could understand why Christy fell for him. And bad guys could fall in love too... 
My love for you can't be measured against my lifestyle, Christy. There is no comparison. You'll win out every time, and because of that, I'm willing to let it all go.
Christy's character surprised me, she was a strong woman like Kit, but so different from her. I liked this.
I love the cover, it's really beautiful! I need this book on my bookshelf!
If I think about this book as a standalone it's a 5* read for me, but comparing to Grizz's books it's just 4*. Sorry Anthony I'm in #TeamGrizz 😄
(And now I can't wait to read Tethered Souls!)
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:

Szeretem Beth Flynn-t.
Szeretem a Kilenc perc trilógiát.
Tetszett ez a könyv.
DE Anthony nem volt Grizz! 😁
Amikor megvettem a könyvet, olyan kíváncsi voltam, mert szerettem a Kilenc percet, az írónő stílusát, és annyira izgatott voltam, hogy végre megismerhetem Anthony és Christy történetét. És amikor megláttam a borítót... WOW! A borító gyönyörű!
Tetszett a történet, ahol a főhős Anthony egy bűnöző, úgy mint Grizz az előző részekben, de szerintem ő még brutálisabb volt. Nagyon jó volt olvasni, hogy ez a gazember hogyan törődött a tőle annyira különböző Christyvel: Anthony egy gyilkos, egy gazember  volt, míg Christy egy gazdag örökösnő, egy jó ember.
Anthony elrabolta Christy-t úgy mint ahogy Grizz elrabolta Kit-et, de ez  a páros teljesen más volt, mint az előző részek párosa. Christy nem foglakozott Anthony üzleteivel, a bűnöző életmódja nem érdekelte, ő ennek ellenére beleszeretett. Szerintem egy kicsit túl gyorsan lettek szerelmesek egymásba, insta-szerelemnek mondanám. Anthony is már akkor szerelemes lett, mikor elrabolta  őt. Ez annyira nem tetszett... De szerettem őket együtt. És mennyire imádtam, hogy Anthony türelmes volt, szinte hihetetlenül türelmes! Egyszerűen imádtam, ahogy Christyvel bánt!💓
A történet kettős nézőpontból íródott, ami nagyon jót tett a történetnek, mert így jobban megismerhettük a szereplőket, jobban megérthettük a szereplők érzelmeit.
Ami még tetszett a  történetben az a sok titok volt. A sok-sok titok miatt vált a Kilenc perc című sorozat az egyik kedvencemmé.
Szóval tényleg tetszettek a karakterek, a történet és a titkok. De Grizz és Kit története sokkal jobban tetszett, az a történet sokkal egyedibb volt. Ami nagyon tetszett a Kilenc perceben, hogy mindennek, tényleg mindennek volt valami oka, minden okkal történt, Grizz nagyon okos volt. És ezt nagyon szerettem benne. Anthony karaktere nem tudta felülmúlni Grizz karakterét. Ezzel nem azt mondom, hogy nem szerettem Anthony-t, mert a bűnöző életmódja ellenére ő egy gondoskodó, szerető pasi volt, és emiatt érthető is miért szeretett bele Christy. És a rosszfiúk is lehetnek szerelmesek, nem?
Christy meglepett, egy erős női szereplőről van szó, de nagyon különbözött Kit karakterétől, és ez tetszett.
A borító pedig tényleg nagyon-nagyon tetszik, kell ez a könyv a polcomra!
Ha erre a könyvre úgy tekintek, mint a Kilenc perc trilógiától független, önálló könyvre, akkor 5 csillagot kap. De összehasonlítva az előző történettel, amitől nem tudok elvonatkoztatni, sajnos nem tudok csak 4 csillagot adni. Sajnálom Anthony, én Grizz csapatába tartozom! 😄
(Most pedig alig várom, hogy olvashassan Mimi történetét!)





0 Megjegyzések