CROWN OF LIES by Pepper Winters~ ARC Review


Series: Crown of Lies Duet #1
Blurb:
“I met the man I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a master.” 
Noelle Charlston lived a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security. However, two meetings with two men changed her happy existence forever. First, she met the man who made her heart sing. Second, she met the man who made her blood quiver. Noelle’s freedom was no longer hers. It belonged to the stranger her father believed was the perfect match. The stranger who pulled his lies over everyone he touched. Including her. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he webs—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she’d been and turn her into something else. Until her past collides with her present. And it’s her turn to lie. To everyone…including herself.
ADD TO GOODREADS:

Sign up for Release Alerts

My Review:
OMG! Pepper Winters did it again. She enchanted me with this story. I couldn't put it down. I finished it at 1am. I love her books because these books aren't calculable.
WARNING: this book ends with cliffhanger, like Pepper's other books. Usually I stay away books with cliffhanger, and wait till the whole series is out, but with Pepper's books I can't wait. I want them as soon as they come out! 
This story is so interesting, with secrets and twists. Especially in the end! I want the next book NOW! 😊
Noelle was an interesting character. She was smart, run a huge company. She had almost everything: good, powerful job, a lot of money, but she was alone. She didn't feel free. She first felt alive when she met a stranger in an alley. They had chemistry and more then chemistry, they linked somehow. This guy was the first man she felt something for. But then he vanished. She was only 19, and I could understand how she felt, he was her first crush, her hero.
"One man had unlocked my world. This one did his best to imprison me."~Elle
Three years later she met Penn. He was the opposite of the stranger in the alley. He was a rich, smart, goodlooking stock trader. He was myterious and dirty-talking. This arused Elle. She started to feel free, alive again. 
"I swam in air. I wobbled in heat. I swayed as his hands locked around my hips, dragging me into him. Surrounded by people yet alone in our little cosmos"~Elle
"I will lie to others about us. I will paint a picture that isn't true. I will curse and hurt and do whatever I damn well want, but you have my word on one thing. (...) That I won't lie to you. What you see from me will be the honest fucking truth. I'll only hurt you if you want me to hurt you, and I'll protect you even while I do it. Give me yourself, let me take control, and I promise you, you'll enjoy it." ~Penn
He claimed her, but it was just about sex. 
I'll strip you, taste you. I'll eat, lick and bite you. And only once you're begging will I fuck you."~Penn
He didn't tell his secrets. I didn't fall head over heels, I didn't like him very much. But I loved reading the story because of this mysterious man. He made me curious. And besides he is hot.😍 But other times I was afraid of him. Some things he said rang alarm bells. 
"You've been mine since the moment we met, and you'll stay mine until I let you go. Anything  else-all your arguments, denials, and refusals-mean nothing to me."~Penn
Elle knew she couldn't trust him. She just wanted sex from him. But I was thinking: could she do just that, give her body to him, and not her heart? It's interesting, that she didn't like him, and it seemed that Penn didn't like her either. So confusing situation...
"He was ruthless in his own success. Webbed in lies and hidden in half-truth, he was not a man to trust with anything breakable-especially my heart"~Elle
 The story was unfolding slowly, but it was worth it. 😊
"Truth was a fickle thing. I'd believed I wanted it. I'd begged and cursed and demanded ro recieve it. And now that I had it... I wanted nothing more than for it to delete what it'd caused and choose a different ending to the one I'd been given."~Elle
I didn't fall in love with Penn, BUT  I  can't give this book less than 5 stars. Thanks God we don't have to wait long, the second book in the series is coming  28th February! Can't wait!!!
BUY IT! Because it's a unique story, I haven't read a story like this! 

Véleményem:

Úr Isten! Pepper Winters megint megcsinálta! Teljesen elvarázsolt ezzel a történettel! Nem tudtam letenni! Egy pár órája fejeztem be (kb hajnal 1 körül). Szeretem a könyveit, mert nem kiszámíthatóak.
FIGYELMEZTETÉS: Függővégű, úgy mint Pepper más könyvei. Általában távol tartom magam az olyan könyvektől melyek függővégűek, és addig várok velük, míg az összes rész ki nem jön a sorozatból, de Pepper winters könyvei esetében nem tudok várni! Azonnal olvasni akarom őket ahogy megjelennek!
Ez a történet nagyon érdekes, sok csavar és titok van benne. Ezért már alig várom, hogy megelenjen a második, bejező rész! Máris akarom! 😊
Noelle egy érdekes szereplő volt számomra. Okos,egy nagy vállalatot vezet. Majdnem meg van mindene: jó munka, sok pénz, de egyedül van, magányos. Nem érzi magát szabadnak. Először akkor érzi, hogy igazán él, amikor találkozik egy idegennel egy sikátorban. Vonzódnak egymáshoz, de több van köztük mint szimpla vonzalom, van köztük valami kapocs. Ő az első férfi aki iránt érzett valamit. De aztán eltűnt. Elle csak 19 éves volt, teljesen megértem hogyan érzett, hiszen ez a srác volt első aki megtetszett neki, aki felkeltette az érdeklődését, a hőse volt.
Három évvel később találkozik Pennel. Aki teljesen az ellentéte volt a sikátorban megismert srácnak. Gazdag, szexi, okos tőzsdés. Titokzatos, mocskos szájú, szexi pasi. Mindez felkeltette Elle érdeklődését, és felébresztette benne a nőt. Ismét úgy érezte, hogy él.
Penn magáénak követelte Ellet, de csak szexuálisan. Nem árulta el titkait. 
Nem estem bele Penn-be, nem igazán kedveltem. De annyira szerettem olvasni ezt a történetet, emiatt a titokzatos ember miatt, kíváncsivá tett. És mindemellett jól néz ki! 😍 De voltak olyan részek, ahol féltem tőle. Amiket mondott vészharangokat kongatott meg.
Elle tudta, hogy nem bízhat meg benne, csak szexet akart tőle. De gondolkoztam rajta, hogy vajon képes csak a testét adni és a szívét nem? Elle nem kedvele Pennt, és úgy tűnt az érzés kölcsönös. Elég zavart helyzet...
A történet lassan bontakozik ki, de megérte! 😊
Nem szerettem bele Penn-be, DE nem tudok 5 csillagnál kevesebbet adni! Szerencsére nem kell sokat várni a folytatásra, mert a  második könyv február 28-án érkezik!


0 Megjegyzések