Brittainy C. Cherry: The Air He Breathes

Series: The Elements Series 1
Blurb:
I was warned about Tristan Cole.
“Stay away from him,” people said. 
“He’s cruel.” 
“He’s cold.” 
“He’s damaged.”
It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.
But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.
We were both empty. 
We were both looking for something else. Something more. 
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.
Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.

Véleményem:

OH MY GOD! I LOVED IT!!!! TOP FAVORITE!!!
Szerettem, Imádtam! Nem tudtam letenni! Az elmond valamit, hogy két este kiolvastam,  kb. 6 óra alatt. Két gyerek mellett már napközben nem tudok olvasni, csak este mikor már lefekszenek. De nem is baj ennél a könyvnél, mert volt, hogy nevettem, de nagyon sokszor sírtam. Nagyon szép szívszorító történet. Már Brittainy C. Cherry előző könyvei is nagyon belopták magukat a szívembe, főleg a Loving Mr. Daniels , de ez a könyv mindent vitt!
"No soulmate leaves the world alone, they always take a piece of their other half along with them."
 'The only thing love counts is the heartbeats.'
Női főszereplőnk Liz, aki kb egy éve elvesztette férjét, és egyedül maradt 5 éves kislányával. Ez tartotta életben, őérte élt. Éppen hazaköltözik az anyjától, a saját házukba, amikor kiderül, hogy új szomszédjuk van. Megismerkedik Tristannal, aki egy segfej mindenkivel, morcos, mérges, nagyon ellenszenves, de Liz mégis meglát benne valamit... A fájdalmat a szemében, ugyanolyan fájdalmat, mint a sajátja.

„Everyone in this town is afraid of me. Do I scare you, Elizabeth?” he whispered, his breaths brushing against my lips. 

„No.” 
„Why not?” 
„Because I see you.”


Tristan szintén egy éve vesztette el feleségét és fiát. Neki nem volt semmi értelme az életének. Mérges volt a világra, az életre, mert elvette tőle a legjobb dolgot az életében, a családját. Nem tudja, hogyan élje az életét.
"I hated how angry I felt each passing day. I hated how I blamed the people around me for the accident. I hated that I was becoming colder each passing moment"- Tristan
Természetesen sejthető mi sül ki az egészből... Egymásba szeretnek, de nem akárhogyan. Előbb csak szex van köztük, jól esik nekik, hogy nincsenek egyedül, majd barátság lesz, végül szerelem. Nagyon nagyon szép történet. Így, hogy boldog házasságban élek, és van két szép gyerekem, el tudom képzelni min mentek keresztül a szereplők. Én is összetörnék. Mindketten elvesztették a lelki társukat, nem csak szakítottak, nem láthatják őket, mert örökre elmentek. csak az emlékek maradnak, amik olykor nagyon fájóak tudnak lenni. 
"They sneak up on you like that and knock you backward, The little memories. ..... Sometimes I think the little memories are worse than the big ones."
"She undressed me and made love to her past. I slid into her and made love to my ghosts" 
 "You know that place in between nightmares and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don’t hurt anymore? The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? The place where time doesn’t exist, and it’s easy to breathe? 

I want to live there with you. –TC"


Nem lehet egyszerű újra érezni, mert akaratlanul benne van az emberben, hogy szerethetek én valaki mást? Szabad e újra szerelembe esni? Mit szól az elhunyt szerelmünk, vagy mit szólna ha látná, hogy újra szeretünk valakit? Merjek e szerelembe esni, mert lehet ugyanúgy végződik, megint elvesztek mindent és csak a fájdalom marad... Illetve, felmerülhet az is,  hogy szeret-e a párom annyira, mint a halott házastársát? Nem hasonlít e össze mindig vele? főleg ha veszekszünk vagy ha valamit rosszul csinálok? Lehet ugyanolyan mélyen szeretni? És mennyi idő kell, hogy elteljen? Nem egyszerű. Persze a feleségem/férjem nélkül lehet élni, de ami szörnyűbb az egy gyerek elvesztése. Én teljesen megbolondulnék, megőrülnék a fájdalomtól.
"What's the amount of time you're supposed to have before starting to fall in love again?"
"Because widows aren’t supposed to feel any kind of feelings for anyone anymore—you’re just supposed to be sad all the time. But not too sad because that makes other people super uncomfortable. So the idea of kissing someone and feeling it between your thighs, and finding that the butterflies still exist…that’s a problem. Because people would judge me. And I don’t want to be judged, because I care what they think."
"Shouldn't worry too much about falling apart because the dark days only stayed dark until the sun came up."
"Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your loved ones was remembering how to breathe." 
"You don't have to be good all the times. It's okay to be hurt sometimes. It's okay to to feel lost like you're wandering aruond in the dark. It's the bad days that make the good ones so much better." 
"The heartbreak is worth those few moments of happiness, and the pieces of the shattered heart can be put back together. I mean, there will be cracks and scars, and sometimes this burning memory of the past, but that burn? It’s just a reminder that you survived. That burning is your rebirth."
"Because at the end of the day, it’s not about the tarot cards, or the crystals, or the special teas. That’s not where the magic lives. The magic is in the tiny moments. The small touches, the gentle smiles, the quiet laughs. The magic is about living for today and allowing yourself to breathe and be happy. My dear boy, to love is the magic."
“As long as air moves in and out of my lungs,” — his tongue danced against the edge of my panties — “as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us.”-Tristan
"Some days were still hard, and others, the easiest. We loved in a way that only brought more love. During the light days we held each other close. During the dark days, we held each other closer" 
Nagyon jó volt látni, ahogy a szereplők megnyílnak, újra kezdenek élni, érezni. Imádtam Tristant, és Lizt egyaránt, de Emma is imádni való volt! Átérzem a Frozen mániát, nincs olyan nap, amikor ne kellene bekapcsolni a mesét, vagy ne kellene meghallgatni a Frozen dalt, az éneklő babáról, és Elsás cuccokról nem is beszélve! :D Szerencsére minket még a zombis mánia nem ért el!  A legtöbbet ő mosolyogtatott meg, imádtam ahogy Emma Tristant Tick.nek, Tristan pedig Emmát Tock-nak hívta! :D
"We drove for hours in my broken-down car, listening to the Frozen soundtrack enough times for me to consider pulling out my eyelashes one at a time with a razorblade. Emma somehow listened to each song a million times, yet had a way of making up her own words to every line. To be honest, I liked her version of the songs the best."
Abszolút kedvenc könyv lett! A borító nagyon passzol a történethez, így képzelem el Tristant (nagyon tetszik a modell, bár nem rajongok a szakállért, de ez nagyon jól áll  a modellnek!)
Értékelés: 
"Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day."
"She was simply the air I breathed" 


0 Megjegyzések