Filthy Lawyer by Whitney G.

Blurb:

 I crashed and burned before the most important interview of my life...

Yes, literally.

I rammed my crappy Honda into the back of a custom black McLaren, and the sexy bastard who owned it was far from amused.

Especially when I abandoned him at the fiery scene with an "I.O.U.," twenty dollars, and a pack of glow-in-the-dark condoms as payment. (I'm too broke to afford car insurance.)

I managed to make it to my interview with a few seconds to spare, but the partner I was expecting to meet wasn't there.

Instead, it was the unforgettable guy I'd just crashed into: Mr. Damien Carter. And his first question—'Do you know that running away from the scene of an accident is a crime ?'—convinced me that I was not getting this job.

Alas, Hamilton & Associates called me back, and I slowly realized that there are far more coincidences between me and my new boss.

Even though this grumpy bastard only utters demands and threats to me...

His firm is a place straight out of The Godfather , nothing like "the good guys on the right side of the law" on the promotional billboards. Its walls hold secrets, the clients are guilty as charged, and Damien Carter is everything wrong with the legal system.

Well, I thought that until we began a hate-love affair like no other, and I discovered his biggest secret of all...


My Review: 

I have mixed feelings about this book.

On one hand I finished it in 2 nights. I couldn't put it down. I was happy to read again about this universe. I absolutely loved Reasonable Doubt and I was happy to meet Andrew Hamilton again. :)  Andrew's book became my favourite, but I liked Elizabeth and Damien too. 

I needed this book right now. It was lighthearted, sexy, and hot, easy to read. Perfect read in the evenings. 

The story was written in alternate point of views. I always love reading both character's thoughts. I loved it now too.

I loved the banter between them. They were lawyers, good lawyers. They worked together,  became partners and later they started an affair. Honestly I think it happened so quickly, out of the blue, I had to go back to the previous page to see if something was missing. 

So I loved the book, it was a perfect relaxation. But on the other hand sometimes I felt it wasn't so elaborated. Sometimes it was rushed. I'd loved to read more about them, in more detail.

So this is why I had to give 4,5 *

⭐⭐⭐⭐✭

0 Megjegyzések