Break up with him for me by Whitney G.~ARC review



Blurb:

Penelope, I know that it’s three o’clock in the morning, but I have to get this off my chest.

I can't give you any more advice on landing this other guy, can't tell you another "sexy" thing that you should do, or suggest a new set of filthy words that you should text him late at night.

As your best friend, I've reached my limit, and I can honestly say that he doesn't deserve you.

I'm not saying all of this because I'm f-cking jealous, or because he had the audacity to say that he makes more money than me. (I still can't find his name on the Forbes 500 list, and I know damn well that he's renting that Ferrari, but that's a story for a different day.)

He's not who you think he is, and the better man has always been right in front of you...

You have every reason to never give me a chance since you know me better than anyone, and you agree with all the tabloids calling me "The Cocky King of New York," and the "Untamed Playboy of Manhattan." But I honestly believe that you're better off with someone else, and I need you to see.

I'm not asking for too much...I just want you to break up with him, for me. 


Véleményem:
Igazán éleveztem ezt a történetet. Tetszett a cselekmény, jó kis barátokból-szerelmesek tipusú sztori volt.
Először is, tetszett a könyv felépítése, nagyon jó kis keretet talált ki az írónó. Nekem nagyon bejön a stílusa, egyedi.
Imádtam, hogy a történet Hayden szemszögével kezdődik és fejeződik be. Ahogy mindig, nagyon tetszett, hogy kettős nézőpontban íródott a sztori.
Egyből megszerettem Haydent. Ő egy okos, gondoskodó, lezser, megnyerő pasi. Nagyon jó volt olvasni, ahogy gondoskodott Penelope-ról, mindig ott volt számára, amikor szüksége volt rá. Az érzelmeik szépen lassan, fokozatosan mélyültek el, kezdetben tényleg csak barátként, vagy inkább testvérként tekintettek egymásra.
Penelope karakterével már voltak problémáim, nem lett a szívem csücske. Sokszor irritált, hogy pasi ügyben szinte képtelen volt egyedül döntést hozni, mindig a legjobb barátjára, Haydenre támaszkodott, tőle kérdezte mit tegyen a kapcsolataiban. Olyan volt mint egy csitri (persze az elején 16 éves volt még csak de aztán??) Ha valami miatt nem kapott tőle tanácsot, nagyon elveszett volt.
De mindettől eltekintve szerettem őket együtt, jó volt a közöttük lévő kapocs, az évődésüket élvezet volt olvasni, mosolyt csalt az arcomra.
Élveztem a sztorit és igazán szükségem volt most erre, a könnyed, cuki kis történetre. 4*
⭐⭐⭐⭐

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the plot, a perfect friends to lovers kind of story.
First of all. I loved the book's structure, it had an amazing frame. I love the author's writing style, it was unique. 
The story begin and finish with Hayden's point of view and I loved it! And as always I loved the dual point of views too.
I loved Hayden. He was a smart, caring, easygoing guy. I loved reading about how he cared about Penelope when they were just friends. Their feelings developed slowly. From the first time Hayden was always there for Pen, like her brother.
Penelope wasn't my favorite character. Sometimes I didn't like how incapable of making decisions in her relationships. I think, she asked for help too many times from Hayden, and sometimes it bothered me. She was like a kid (I know in the beginning she was only 16 so but later?). When she couldn't ask for help from her best friend, aka Hayden she didn't know what to do... she was lost.
BUT despite this I liked them together, I loved their funny banter. It was good.
I enjoyed reading this book, and I really needed this light-hearted, lovely story right now. 4*
⭐⭐⭐⭐

0 Megjegyzések