Wild Rebel by Laurelin Paige~ARC review


WILD REBEL, the first book in the Dirty Wild trilogy by @LaurelinPaige is NOW AVAILABLE!! 

Blurb:
We were supposed to run away after graduation.
When she didn’t show at our meeting place, I got brave and went after her.
It was a mistake.
I left bloodied and bruised.
I had no choice but to walk away.
Years passed.
I traveled, settled halfway around the world,
made enough money that I didn’t have to look back.
But I never got over her.
Then, out of the blue, she calls.
And, what she asks for, the favor that she wants?
I never thought I'd be willing to take a life.
But the truth is, and always has been: I'd do anything for her.
Book one of three in the final trilogy in the Dirty Universe.

My Review:

Wow! Another amazing story from Laurelin Paige. I enjoyed reading this book, and the ending was amazing! I want the next book... right now! :D

Cade and Jolie were together when they were teens. They wanted to run away together after graduation, but Jolie wasn't shown up. Cade went away heartbroken. Because of this he became a cold, distant man. I totally understood him after what happened with him in the past. The big secret: what happened with the girl? I was so curious.
The book was written in Cade's point of view which was interesting for me. Reading just the man's view made this story unique. I don't say that sometimes I didn't miss the heroine's point of view but I think that get to know the past from his point of view was more exciting because he was the suffering party in this relationship (or it seemed).
What happened with Jolie was a mistery. She asked Cade to help her kill her father. After 17 years. They changed a lot, they became adults  but the love what they felt for each other was still there.
From this point the story was exciting because they tried to stay away from each other, especially Cade. He didn't want to suffer again because of Jolie. On the other hand the story was so so exciting  because of the war against Jolie's father. I loved this criminal side of the story.
And the ending was shocking! A huge plot twist. And in the end everything became clear, I totally understand the characters after the ending. I loved this story, 5*!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Wow! Újabb szuper sztorit kaptunk Laurelin Paige-től. Nagyon élveztem ezt a könyvet, és befejezés egyszerűen fantasztikus volt! Máris olvasnám a folytatást!
Cade és Jolie tiniként voltak együtt, nagy szerelem volt az övék, olyannyira, hogy azt tervezeték érettségi után együtt megszöknek. Igen ám, de a csaj nem jelent meg. Végül csak Cade volt aki elment, összetört szívvel. A múltban történtek megviselték és így egy rideg, távolságtartó pasi vált belőle. Teljesen megértem, hogy miért vált ilyenné, nem csodálom a múltja miatt. De a nagy kérdés: mi történt a szerelmével? Miért nem tartott vele? Nagyon kíváncsivá tett.
A történetet csak Cade szemszögéből ismerhetjük meg, ami számomra érdekes volt. És az, hogy csak a pasi nézőpontját olvashatjuk egyedivé teszi a történetet, mert nem ez a nézőpont jellemző a könyvekre. Nem mondom, hogy néha nem hiányzott Jolie nézőpontja, de a történet így vált érdekesebbé. Ezzel, hogy a srác gondolatait olvashatjuk, az írónő izgalmasabbá tette a sztorit, mert Cade volt a kapcsolatbana  szenvedő fél (vagyis úgy tűnt).
Az, hogy mi történt Jolieval egy rejtély. 17 év után kereste fel Cadet, azzal, hogy segítsen megölni az apját. Sokat változtak az eltelt évek alatt, sokat komolyodtak, felnőttek lettek, de a kettejük között egykor izzó szerelem még mindig ott volt.
Innentől kezdve vált a sztori igazán izgalmassá egyrészt azért, mert nehéz volt egmástól távolmaradni, másrészt mert szövetkeztek a Jolie apja ellen. Ez a krimis szál igazán izgalamssá tette a könyvet, nagyon élveztem. 
A vége a könyvnek meg egyszerűen sokkoló volt. Egy hatalmas fordulatot vett a történet, és itt válik érthetővé igazán a sztori, és így tudtam teljesen megérteni a szereplőket is.
Nekem tetszett, 5*
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

0 Megjegyzések