Eastern Lights by Brittainy C. Cherry~ ARC review


Blurb:

I once met a man on a cold Halloween night. He dressed as a superhero, and I dressed in red. For one night, I was his break from reality, and he was the temporary fix for my broken heart.
Two years later, I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to become a senior editor at one of the biggest magazine companies in the world. The only catch? Nail an exclusive interview with New York’s finest bachelor: Connor Roe.
To the rest of the world he was becoming one of the wealthiest men in New York City. To me, he was simply my once upon a time superhero.
My job was to get an exclusive interview with New York’s hottest bachelor. Never in my life did I expect him to want an exclusive with my heart, too.
The only problem with my growing feelings for him? I was set to marry his new business partner.

Eastern Lights is LIVE & available now in Kindle Unlimited! 

My Review:
Brittainy C. Cherry did it again. She is one of my favorite authors, I love her style, I love all of her books. This book was so good, I didn't know but I needed this book right now. It warmed my heart, I couldn't wait to start reading every night after the kids went to bed. 
There are two things in life a person can never prepare for, no matter how hard they try. Those two things are love and death.

Forgiving someone didn't mean you had to invite them back into your world. Sometimes forgiving meant finally letting them go. Forgiveness meant cutting the final cord of ones connection to your soul. 

It's a beautiful, heart-warming love story.  It touched my heart. 
Sometimes you have to move when your soul tells you to move.
I fell in love with the characters, both of them. I loved Aaliyah, she was a lovable character, funny and strong. She had a tough childhood but she became strong and independent. I loved that she had goals.
... one can never fix what is broken. Sometimes you just have to stand in the wreckage and hope you can learn to live within the new shattered pieces
And Connor... I absolutely loved him, he was smart, sexy guy who achieved a lot. What he had he earned it with hard work and I loved this about him. He was a good guy who had dreams, goals and he did everything for these dreams to come true. What I loved about his character that he wasn't the hero we got used to, he wasn't arrogant or too cocky. He was sweet, a lovable guy, who wanted to make everyone happy. He had problems with relationships because of his workaholic lifestyle and because he was afraid of losing someone, losing the love of his life. 
... everything happens for a reason, even if the reasoning isn't clear as day right away.
First Connor was the perfect friend, just a friend. He helped Aaliyah, and wanted to make her happy. At first he didn't want more from her because he didn't want to hurt her (work was the first for him) and because he knew that she went through an awful breakup and she needed to heal. And honestly I really liked this about him.
It's so much better to sit in moments of ugly truths than swim in beautiful lies.
The story was written in dual point of views, it was so good. I enjoyed reading it. I loved their relationship, how they cared for each other. But I was a little angry with Aaaliyah because she kept a huge secret which changed everything, and she knew this secret would hurt Connor. But it made the story more interesting, more exciting.
Sometimes you have to be afraid of the things you love in order to make sure you don't ever lose them again.

Being scared was okay if you were brave enough to face those fears. 

Sooo I loved the whole book. It was beautiful, well-written, I loved every page. 
Love didn't only show its face during happiness. It didn't skip by only during the sunshine. No. Sometimes-most of the time-love was a storm at war. (...) Love wasn't only the rainbows. Love sparked in the lightning and screamed during the thunder.
I loved Aaliyah and Connor together, the plot was amazing, the dual POV made the story perfect.
The truest form of authentic love began when one could look in the mirror, see the flaws, and still accept self as a full being who deserved the highest level of happiness.
Top recommendation! 5* favorite book!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Véleményem:
Brittainy Cherry újra nagyot alkotott. Imádom a stílusát, minden könyvét olvastam és szeretem. Ezzel a könyvvel sem volt ez máshogy, nagyon-nagyon tetszett! Nem gondoltam volna, hogy ennyire kell nekem ez a könyv, annyira jól esett a lelkemnek. Teljesen elvarázsolt, alig vártam esténként, hogy a gyerekek lefejüdjenek és olvashassam a könyvet.
Egy gyönyörű, szívmelengető romantikus történet, ami a szívemig hatolt.
Megszerettem a szereplőket, mindekettejüket. Szerettem Aaaliyat, egy igazán szimpatikus karakter, aki vicces és erős egyéniség. Elég kemény gyerekkora volt, ami erőssé és függetlenné tette. Tetszett, hogy vannak céljai, amikért harcol.
Connort nem lehet nem szeretni, nagyon megkedveltem. Egy okos, szexi pasiról van szó, aki nagyon sokmindent ért el. Mindenét kemény munkával szerezte meg, ezért felnézek rá. Egy nagyon jó lelkű pasi, akinek nagy álmai, céljai vannak, ezekért mindent megtesz. Ami nagyon megfogott Connor karakterében, és amiért imádtam, hogy nem egy megszokott arrogáns, nagyképű főhőst kaptunk, hanem egy igazán szerethető, édes, aranyos srácot, aki mindenkit boldoggá akar tenni. Persze voltak és vannak problémái, amik hatással vannak a jelenlegi életére, például nincs párkapcsolata, nem tud elköteleződni. Egyrészt a munkamániája áll a szerelmi kapcsolatok útjába, másrészt fiatalkora, mert fél attól hogy elveszíti azt, akit szeret, akivel törődik. Ezért inkább nem bonyolódik komolyabb kapcsolatokba.
Először Connor jó barátja lett Aaaliyah-nak. És tényleg csak barátként közeledett hozzá, segíteni akart neki és boldognak akarta látni. Nem akart többet tőle, egyrészt tudta, hogy neki első a munka és nem akart Aaliyahnak fájdalmat okozni, másrészt tisztában volt vele, hogy most esett túl egy kemény szakításon és be kellett hogy gyógyuljanak a sebei. Őszintén szólva ez egy újabb plussz pont volt Connor részére.
A történet kettős nézőpontból íródott, ami igazán élvezetessé tette az olvasást. Szerettem kettejüket együtt. Jó volt olvasni, hogy törődtek egymással. De egy icipicit mérges is voltam Aaliyah-ra, mert olyan dolgot titkolt Connor előtt, amivel tudta, hogy fájdalmat fog neki okozni. De igazából a történetet ez a csavar mér érdekesebbé, izgalmasabbá tette.
Szóval, azt kell mondjam nagyon tetszett ez a romantikus történet. Tökéletes karaktereket teremtett az írónő, a stílus, mint mindig szuper volt, érdekes volt a cselekmény. Kedvenc lett a könyv, reméljük magyarul is kiadják!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



2 Megjegyzések