Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland: Cocky Bastard

Blurb:
He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska. 
A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive. 
When my car broke down, we made a deal. Next thing I knew, we were traveling together, spending sexually-tense nights in hotels and taking unplanned detours. 
My ordinary road trip turned into the adventure of a lifetime. It was all fun and games until things got intense. 
I wanted him, but Chance wouldn’t make a move. I thought he wanted me too, but something was holding him back. 
I wasn’t supposed to fall for the cocky bastard, especially when I knew we’d be going our separate ways. 
All good things must come to an end, right? 
Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.

My Review:
This book was good, I liked it. BUT I have mixed feelings about it. The first part of the book was amazing! I loved Chance! He was really a cocky bastard! :) Love how they was joking with each other. I couldn't put it down (the first part).
Aubrey left her work, her boyfriend, and moved the other side of the country. Through the ride she met a hot, sexy, cocky Australian guy. Chance changed Aubrey's tire, and Aubrey let him ride with her. I loved the ride!!! Chance was so cute! They started to feel something to each other.... But Chance didn't let anything to happen. He always stopped when they became too close.  It was a secret why.
In the second part we learn why was Chance kept his distance. Chance want Aubrey back, but she started a new life. Chance did everything to win her back. And the old cocky, funny guy disappeared. And I missed him so much!!! The first part of the book was told in Aubrey's POV, the second in Chance's POV. I don't know which one was better. 
The first part was more interesting than the second, but I'm happy to know what Chance's thoughts were. I really missed his cocky side, but now I know his sensitive side!
I give 5 stars for the first part, and 3 stars for the second, so the whole story get 4 stars!!! I don't regret reading it, actually I enjoyed it!! And the cover... I loved it! ;)

Quotes:
"The harder you try to be good, the more you're starving to be bad."
"Sometimes, those who put up the biggest shields are those who are protecting the biggest hearts."
Sometimes, it takes losing everything to make you realize what you really need."
if you let something go and it doesn’t come back to you, it was never really yours to begin with."

Véleményem:
Jó könyv volt, tetszett. De vegyes érzéseim vannak vele kapcsolatban. A könyv első fele fantasztikus volt. Szerettem Chance-t! Valóban egy öntelt, beképzelt rohadék volt! :) Imádtam ahogy heccelték egymást, nem tudtam letenni a könyvet (az első részét).
Aubrey otthagyta a munkáját, a barátját és az ország másik végébe költözött. Út közben találkozott egy szexi, öntelt ausztrál pasival. Chance kicserélte Aubrey gumiját, cserébe Aubrey megengedte hogy vele tartson. Imádtam az utazást! Chance édes volt! Elkezdtek érezni valamit egymás iránt... De Chance nem engedte hogy bármi is történjen. Mindig megállt mielőtt túl közel kerültek volna. Hogy miért az titok volt.
A második részben megtudjuk Chance miért tartott távolságot. Chance vissza akarja szerezni Aubreyt, de ő új életet kezdett. Chance mindent megtesz, hogy visszanyerje Aubreyt. És a régi beképzelt, viccelődő pasi eltűnt. És én nagyon hiányoltam!!! A történet első felét Aubrey szemszögéből ismerhetjük meg, a második részét Chance szemszögéből. Nem tudom, hogy melyik volt a jobb.
Az első része érdekesebb volt mint a második, de örülök, hogy megismerhettem Chance gondolatait. Igazán hiányzott a vicces oldala, de mostmár megismerhettük az érzékenyebb oldalát is.
Az első része a könyvnek 5 csillagot kap, a második 3 csillagot, így az egész könyvet 4 csillagosra értékelem. nem bántam meg, hogy elolvastam, őszintén szólva élveztem a történetet. A borító... imádom!!! ;)


0 Megjegyzések