Kincaid by Laurelin Paige~ARC review

Blurb:

Past and present weave together in Donovan’s point of view for the next chapter in Donovan and Sabrina’s life.

She was supposed to save me.

In a twist of fate, I rescued her. Since then, I’ve lived for her, breathed for her, overreached with my love.

She’s still here, so I must be doing something right. But now I want more.

Except, a dangerous secret from my past threatens to come between us, forcing me to confront what kind of man I am.

And whether I’m the one who can save our future.

Or whether fate has other plans for us.


My Review:
What I loved about this book? That it was written in Donovan's POV. 
Honestly it was a long time ago I read  about Donovan and Sabrina, and I didn't have time to re-read their story so I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy this book. But I was wrong. This book was perfect as a standalone too. 
I loved Donovan's POV. It was interesting to read about this controlling man in his point of view. I enjoyed reading his thoughts.
The second part of the book was my favorite, how he tried to change. I loved it! 💖
What do people do when they aren't able to be with the person they love most?

He loved Sabrina so much, but he was so controlling... It wasn't easy to be with him in a relationship. But what I absolutely loved that he went through a  positive development, he was thinking a lot about their relationship and he was trying to be a better man, a better husband. It was sooo good to read.

We'll have to learn new ways to love, but we'll figure it out together.

I really liked that we could read about the past and the present too. It was a plus positive thing, that we could read about the past, we could see how complex man he was.
And the ending was so heart-warming... 4.5*
I love you so much, Sabrina, that it hurts to breathe because each breath I take means one less in a lifetime with you.

⭐⭐⭐⭐✩ 

Értékelésem

Ami igazán tetszett ebben a könyveben? Az az, hogy Donovan nézőpontjában íródott.

Őszintén szólva, tartottam tőle, hogy nem fogom élvezni ezt a könyvet, mert már régen olvastam Donovan és Sabrina történetét és nem volt időm újraolvasni. De azt kell mondjam, hogy ez a könyv önálló történetként is élvezhető és megállja a helyét.

Imádtam Donovan nézőpontjából olvasni a történetet, nagyon érdekes volt belemászni egy ennyire domináns pasi fejébe. Nagyon jó volt megismerni a gondolatait, a vívódásait.

Igazából a könyv második fele volt a kedvencem, mert itt látszott mennyire meg akar változni. Imádtam.

Nagyon szerette Sabrinát, de nagyon domináns pasi volt az élet minden területén. Nem egyszerű vele párkapcsolatban élni. De ami igazán megfogott, az volt, hogy pozitív fejlődésen ment keresztül, sokkal többet agyalt a kapcsolatukot, mit lehetne máshogy csinálni, hogy fejlődhetne. Próbált jobb ember, jobb férj lenni, és pont emiatt szerettem ezt a könyvet.

Az hogy beleláttunk nemcsak a jelenbe de a műltba is egy plusz pozitívum volt számomra, így láthattunk milyen kompley karakterről van szó.

A könyv vége pedig szívmelengető.. 4.5*

⭐⭐⭐⭐✩

0 Megjegyzések