Not My Match by Ilsa Madden-Mills~ARC review

Blurb:

Homeless and heartbreakingly innocent, Giselle Riley walks into my penthouse and chaos follows.
I shouldn’t have invited the girl genius to live with me, but it’s clear she needs my help—not only for a place to lay her pretty blonde head but in finding real love, which she’s not going to get with the crazy men she picks up online.
Too bad she’s a twenty-four-year-old virgin and I’m a bad boy wide receiver. She’s off limits for a hardcore player like me—and we’re just friends.
Instead, I’m her matchmaking service, no matter how jealous it makes me when I tag along on her dates.
I can keep my self-control. Right? No way will I give in to everything inside me that dreams of a girl like her in my world.
I may be the best wide receiver in the country, but how could I hold on to a girl like her?

My Review:
Usually I don't like books with virgin heroines, but this book was good, really good.
If you want to be happy, do what makes your heart fly. Every breath you inhale must be meaningful.
Giselle was a virgin but not a shy woman. She was independent, smart and she fell for the hot football player, Devon. 
Devon - every woman's dream- tried to stay away from Giselle, because she was his best friend's sister-in-law, and he was warned to stay away from her. But of course he couldn't. The story was a little bit predictable but this didn't bothered me. 
Life doesn't decide who you fall for. Love knows no rules at all.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the characters, I loved their connection. Their relationship developed slowly, first they were just friends, later their feelings became stronger. I love these kind of stories, I fall in love with the characters slowly, as their relationship unfolds.
There's an ancient Chinese myth that says if two people are destenied to be together, then no matter how long it takes, their paths will continue to cross and intertwine. They believe there' an invisible red thread that ties destined couples. The thread may knot or tangle but will never break.
I loved to read Giselle' and Devon' s thoughts, the book was written in dual POVs and beause of this we could understand the characters more. I really enjoyed reading the characters' banter. It was a fun read. It's a light-hearted, sweet romantic story. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Általában nem tartoznak a kedvenceim közé azok a könyvek amikben a főszereplő szűz, de azt kell mondjam, most ez nem zavart, sőt azt mondom, hogy igen jó könyvet olvastam.
Giselle bár szűz volt, nem volt szégyenlős, nem volt egy kis szende szűz leányka. Ő egy okos, önálló, talpraesett nő volt, aki beleesett a szexi hátvédbe, Devon-ba.
Devon minden nő álma, vágya, aki próbált távol maradni Giselle-től, de még legjobb barátja (aki Giselle sógora volt) fenyegetése sem tudta megakadályozni, hogy egymásba gabalyodjanak. Igaz, a sztori egy kicsit kiszámítható volt, de ez abszolút nem zavart, nagyon tetszett ez a könyv, és jól esett olvasni. Szerettem a karaktereket, a közöttük lévő kapcsolatot. Nagyon bejött, hogy igen lassan bontakozott ki közöttük a kapcsolat. Kezdetben csak barátok voltak, majd folyamatosan mélyültek az érzelmeik és lettek szerelmesek, akik nem bírnak meglenni egymás nélkül. Szeretem az ilyen történeteket, mert szépen lassan én is beleszeretek a szereplőkbe, mialatt szépen, lassan kivirágzik a kapcsolatuk.
Nagyon jó volt olvasni Giselle és Devon gondolatait, tetszett, hogy kettős nézőpontban íródott a történet, így jobban befogadható a sztori, jobban együtt tudunk érezni a szereplőkkel. Jól esett olvasni a főszereplők évődését. Számomra tökéletes kikapcsolódást jelentett ez a könnyed, édes romantikus történet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

0 Megjegyzések