THE BODY PAINTER by Pepper Winters~ARC review

Series
Master of Trickery Duet #1


Blurb:

“Must be slim, able to stand for long periods of time, and be impervious to the cold.”

The headline caught my attention.
“Hours are negotiable, pay is minimal, clothing absolutely forbidden.”
The second line piqued my curiosity.
“Able to hold your bladder and tongue, refrain from opinions or suggestions, and be the perfect living canvas.”
The third made me scowl.
“Other attributes required: non-ticklish, contortionist, and obedient. Must also enjoy being studied while naked in a crowd.”
The fourth made me shudder.
“Call or email ‘YOUR SKIN, HIS CANVAS’ if interested in applying.”
The final made my heart race.
I should’ve kept scrolling past the advertisement.
I should’ve applied for the boring receptionist job at minimum wage.
I should’ve clicked on any other job where I got to keep my clothes on.
But I didn’t.
I applied.

My interview is tomorrow…

My review:
Honestly first I didn't know what to write about this book, because I had mixed feelings
I didn't really loved the characters: Olin was way too good and  she irritated me. She always forgave Gil, she forgave so quickly, I didn't understand her. She was too much for me. I didn't like her character. 
First I didn't have a problem with Gil, in the beginning he didn't make a big affect on me. Later I started to feel sorry for him and his character made me curious. 
What happened with him, what's his secret??? This made the story interesting. And I have to say, that the storyline and the secrets were really good and I really enjoyed reading it. 
The story was unique and the author made me curious and the ending was amazing. Pepper achieved that I want to read the next book (right now!) The book ends in an epic cliffhanger!
So while I didn't really liked the characters, I loved the plot, the storyline.  Because of this it's hard to give stars... but sorry, it's just 3* from me. BUT I'm sure I'll read the second book!
⭐⭐⭐
Értékelésem:
Őszintén szólva először nem tudtam, mit írjak erről a könyvről,mert elég vegyesek az érzéseim.
A karaktereket nem szerettem, főleg Olin karaktere idegesített, aki számomra túl kedves volt, olyannyira, hogy a falra másztam tőle. Kijelenthetem, hogy nem szerettem, túl sok volt nekem.
Először Gil karaktere nem igazán érintett meg, közömbös volt, szinte semmilyen hatással nem volt rám. Aztán, ahogy a történet haladt előre elkezdtem sajnálni, majd kíváncsivá tett.
Mi történt Gil-lel? Mi a nagy titka? Maga a titkok és a történet nagyon izgalmassátették a könyvet. Azt kell mondjam, hogy a cselekményigazán jóra sikeredett, élveztem olvasni a könyvet. Arról nem beszélve, hogy a könyv egy fantasztikus függővéggel ér véget. Az írónő elérte, hogy olvasni akarjam a második részt is (ha lehetne most azonnal állnék neki).
Szóval, míg a karakterek nem váltak a szívem csücskévé. a cselekmény teljesen magával ragadott, tetszett. Elég nehéz csillagozni emiatt a könyvet...sajnos számomra ez most 3 csillag. DE ennek ellenére tuti, hogy olvasni fogom a második részt is!
⭐⭐⭐

0 Megjegyzések