Mia Sheridan: Grayson's Vow

Series: The Sign of Love 8
Blurb:
Kira Dallaire is desperate.
Some challenges in life seem too hard to overcome. With little money, and even fewer options, the quick-witted and vibrant twenty-two-year-old needs to reinvent herself. Known for her generous heart and impulsive personality, she devises a survival plan, possibly her most outrageous idea yet.
Grayson Hawthorn is losing hope.
Some obstacles in life seem too hard to overcome. Betrayal definitely being one of them. With limited capital, and dwindling resources, he is attempting to resurrect his failing family vineyard, a self-imposed vow seemingly destined to fail. That is until a young woman enters his office with an outlandish, unexpected proposition impossible to refuse.
What begins as a temporary business arrangement, soon evolves into more as vivacious, spirited Kira challenges detached, arrogant Grayson to want more from life. To want more for himself. But as their wills clash and fiery passion ignites, they'll realize that sometimes the past creates walls too difficult to climb, and that lies and deception rarely precede a happily every after.
As Kira and Grayson race toward their destiny, they will discover that some vows are meant to be broken, and others are worth risking everything for . . . even your very own heart.

Véleményem:
Nagyon-nagyon tetszett! De ez nem meglepő Mia Sheridan könyvei esetében! Ez a könyv nekem olyan volt egy picit, mintha egy Susan Elizabeth Phillips könyvet olvasnék, volt benne sok romantika, és sok humoros, vicces jelenet. Volt amikor hangosan felnevettem! (nem baj, hogy SEP könyveire hasonlít mert nagy rajongója vagyok!) Mindemellett volt benne tipikus Mia Sheridan jellemző is: mégpedig a szereplők nehéz helyzete, olyan helyzet, amelyen sikeresen túljutnak, tovább tudnak lépni. Tipikusan olyan történet, amikor a szereplők érzelmileg sebezhető helyzetben vannak, érzelmileg összetörtek, szenvednek, de a szerelem begyógyítja a sebeket, sikerül továbblépni a szerelem által a fájdalmon, sérelmeken.
Libra 
„Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” ~ Carl Jung
Mindkét főhős szimpatikus volt. Kira, akinek látszólag tökéletes élete volt, sikeres apja, sok sok pénze, megkapott mindent amit akart, de ez csak a látszat. Apja kezében volt mindig, apja soha nem nézte azt, hogy mi teszi boldoggá, mindig a saját érdekeit nézte, és a céljai érdekében még lányát, annak jó hírét, életét, jövőjét is feláldozta. Ennek ellenére Kira életerős, lázadó, vidám lány volt. mindig sikerült felülemelkednie a bánaton, hogy apja nem szereti és hogy mindig apja kezében lesz. 
Grayson, szintén szörnyű gyerekkora volt, nem szerette az apja, anyja, sok fájdalom volt az életében. Elkövetett egy hibát, ami egy balesethez vezetett, majd onnan a börtönhöz. Őt is sok fájdalom, csalódás érte, de ő nem tudott ezeken továbblépni, hanem megkeseredett lett, hideg, hűvös, távolságtartó.
Ezen kívül a két főhősben a közös, hogy mindkettejüknek pénzre van szüksége, ezért Kira előáll az ötlettel, hogy házasodjanak össze, így megkapja nagyanyja örökségét és elosztják a pénz. Kira függetlenedni akar az apjától, Grayson pedig fel akarja virágoztatni a családi borászatot. Innen már lehet sejteni mi történik... Összeházasodnak, majd lassan egymásba szeretnek.
Mindkét szereplőt szerettem. Nagyon tetszett ahogy húzták egymást, ahogy vitatkoztak, kötözködtek egymással. Tényleg olyan volt, mintha egy SEP könyvben találtam volna magam!
Szóval a történet ötcsillagos, és a borító nagyon megkapó. Tipikusan olyan borító, amit ha sátálok a könyvesboltban tuti leveszek a polcról!
Értékelés:
Idézetek:
“Today may be a very bad day, but tomorrow may be the best day of your life. You just have to hang on until you get there.” 
"Love is not always smooth and easy. "
"Watch what people do when they think no one's watching, love. That's how you'll know who they really are. "
"True love is the greatest leap of faith there is.  … And bear this in mind; love is not always smooth and easy. Love can be piercing. Love means exposing yourself—all of yourself, every tender part—to being hurt. Because true love is not only the flower, true love is also the thorns. "
"I stood slowly and as he started to walk toward me, I held up my hand, motioning for him to stop so I could come to him. Because I suddenly understood that sometimes it's right to meet in the middle, but sometimes, the simplest act of grace is to meet the other person where they are. That, that is love."
 "If you let it, pain makes more space for love within you. And the love we carry inside makes us strong when nothing else can.”
 "My mother used to say that marriage is much like wine. They both mature slowly and grow deeper and more complex with time."
"Because the problem is, you can't shut off one emotion without shutting off all your emotions. You have to feel the pain if you're going to feel the joy. It's just the way it works."
"Rose symbolizes balance-the flower is the beauty and the contrasting thorns are a reminder that love can be painful" 
"There is always pain in this life. Not just for me, not just for you—for everyone. You can't avoid it. And sometimes the pain is so great, it feels as if it carves out the very essence of who you are. But it doesn't, not if you don't allow it to. It carves out a place in you, yes, but love is meant to fill that space. If you let it, pain makes more space for love within you. And the love we carry inside makes us strong when nothing else can."
"How much pain could a person handle before they broke?" 
I think you'll find, that where there is real love, there is always real hope." 
"And the truth that love had taught me was you can only be strong once you are brave enough to break, and that pain makes more room for love within. I was grateful for it all, because that was the beautiful balance of life. "
 "We are married, and there will be times when we disaggree or fight, or even question the other. There will be times when loving you brings up every fear inside me. But my vow is this: no matter what happens, I will never leave the room until we've worked through it.And by that, I mean I won't draw away inside myself either. I'll stay present until we've solved the issue between us, no matter how long it takes. I don't want you ever to worry I'll push you away again. I vow that to you with my whole heart. (…) And sometimes we'll meet halfway, but other times, I'll come to you. And I'll try my very best to put my pride aside si I know when I need to be the one to do that.”
Néhány vicces idézet: 
 "I nodded curtly and started to walk away, narrowing my eyes when I heard humming. I turned back and walk toward her.  „Are you humming 'Puff The Magic Dragon'?”   Her eyes blinked, looking big and innocent. A clear act. „Is that what song is? I never knew the name, or who exactly lived in Honali, just the tune mostly.”
 "Me: Should I have Charlotte keep a plate warmed for you? 
A few minutes later, my phone beeped. 
Kira: That's thoughtful, but no, thank you. 
I scowled. Was she dense? 
Me: I'll have Charlotte set a place at breakfast for you then. 
Kira: No, that won't be necessary either. Thank you. 
I growled at the phone, punching at the small letters on the keyboard. 
Me: Goddamn it Kira, are you coming back or not? 
Several minutes ticked by, a strange panic rising in my throat. 
Kira: Yes, I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Miss me? 
I exhaled. 
Me: No. Goodnight. 
Little witch."


„She poisoned me,” Grayson growled, pointing a finger at Charlotte. 
Charlotte laughed merrily, „ I didn't poison him. It's a simple herbal concoction my mother taught me, meant to increase male ardor.” (…) 
Walter moved forward. „It's hardly my place, sir, but-” 
„When has that ever stopped you, Walter?” 
„True,” … „I've found personally that plenty of water throughout the day helps the, uh … effects wear off sooner. However, I do recommend the proper dosage. It's quite … helpful.” 
Grayson let out a pained sound, looking up at the ceiling. „I'm in hell.”

„That's how us women are built. my dear. When we give our bodies, we give our hearts. When men give their bodies, well…” She looked up as if trying to come up with the right words. 
„They give their bodies,” both Kimberly and I finished in unison.

„Thank you, Daddy. I wished for a little sister.” 
„It's my job you know, to make all your wishes come true.” 
Her expression tirned thoughtful as she twirled a lock of her dark hair. „Can I have a pony then?” 
"And,' I  I qualified, „not to spoil you rotten”


In Vino Veritas. In wine there is truth.
But the greater knowledge that now lived in the peaceful silence of my heart was: in love there is truth.

0 Megjegyzések