I Wish I Would've Chosen You by Whitney G.

Blurb:

PLEASE AVOID THE BLURB FOR THIS BOOK.
This story will hurt you a lot less if you scroll by and go in BLIND, trust me…
But if you *have* to know what you're getting into, you can read the synopsis below.

I should've known better.
I should've left her alone…

She told me she was twenty-one.
I found out that was a lie.

There was over a decade between us, and sure, she was mature for her age, but I kept my distance every chance I could.

At least, I tried to.

There aren’t too many places to hide on a boarding school's campus, and there are far more places to get caught…

I never intended for this to happen.
I was her English professor, and she was only supposed to be my student.

See? That’s why you shouldn’t have read this blurb and went in blind. Alas, this is an emotional ride of a romance with toxic undertones that will drive you to some unexpected places. The author just felt like writing this story one day, so don't say you weren't warned about what you were getting into.


My Review:
OMG! This book was amazing! Favorite read in 2024!
On Tuesday I had to stay in bed because I was sick. I started to read this book and finished it that day. I devoured it, I couldn't put it down.
I loved that it was written in dual point of views. The book was devided in a unique way.
I absolutely loved the plot. It was a tabu story, an affair/love story between a teacher and student. I loved because it was exciting: the hiding, the secrets, the possibility of  the relationship being revealed. And this was why I couldn't put it down. 
The characters were lovable. Both of them. 
Genevieve was a smart, talented student, she loved books and sneeked out of the school to be on different "literary presentations"... in bars. This is how she met Liam. First she didn't know that he was her teacher but later it caused some problems... 
Liam was a hot, young man who started working in the school after the first meeting with Genevieve. I loved how he wanted to stay away from her. He wasn't attracted to anyone like he attracted to Genevieve. 
 I enjoyed their banters, their arguments. How they wanted to be away from each other, but couldn't. And later I absolutely loved their chemistry, their secret hours. 
And of course there were the big plot twist. It was calculable that they would eventually be caught. But later there were another plot twist and I didn't see that coming. 
So it was amazing! A quick, easy read. 
A captivating tabu love story. Top recommendation!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Ez a könyv szuper volt! 2024-es kedvencem!
Kedden sajnos betegség miatt ágyban maradtam, egész nap olvastam. Reggel elkezdtem olvasni ezt a könyvet és estére ki is olvastam. Nagyon hamar kiolvastam, mert egyszerűen nem tudtam letenni.
Tetszett, hogy kettős nézőpontban íródott és egyedi volt a könyv tagolása is.
Nagyon szerettem a cselekményt, a könyv egy tabutémát dolgoz fel, egy tanár-diák közötti tiltott viszonyról, szerelmi kapcsolatról szól. Szerettem, mert izgalmas volt: a bujkálás, a titkolózás, a lebukás veszélye. Emiatt is volt, hogy nem tudtam letenni a könyvet.
Az írónő szerethető karaktereket alkotott, én mindkettő szereplőt megkedveltem.
Genevieve egy okos, tehetséges tanuló volt, szerette a könyveket és sokszor kiszökött a bentlakásos suliból egy-egy "irodalmi előadás" miatt.. amit bárban tartottak. Így találkozott Liammel. Ekkor még nem tudta, hogy Liam a tanára, de ez okoz majd egy pár problémát a későbbiekben.
Liam egy helyes fiatal pasi,  pont azután kezdett dolgozni az iskolában, miután megismerte Genevievet. Tetszett, ahogy távol akart maradni  tőle, de az igazság az, hogy senkihez se vonzódott eddig úgy, mint ahogy Genevieve-hez.
Imádtam olvasni a vitáikat, az évődésüket. Ahogy harcoltak a vonzalmuk ellen és próbáltak távol maradni egymástól. Tetszett, ahogy izzott köztük a levegő és izgalmas volt olvasni a titkos találkáikról.
És természetesen ott volt a nagy fordulat. Kiszámítható volt a cselekmény, biztos voltam, benne már a legelején, hogy le fognak bukni, de azért volt a könyvben olyan fordulat, amire nem számítottam.
Szóval ajánlom a könyvet. Könnyed, egyszerű olvasmány. Magával ragadó tabu szerelmi történet. 

0 Megjegyzések