The Office Guest by Whitney G.~ARC review

Blurb:

 This could possibly be the worst holiday season ever…


My ex-boyfriend just booked the best suite at the resort where I work (with his new girlfriend, not me), half of the staff has called in sick with the flu (they’re lying so they can attend a huge festival in town), and my sister is driving me crazy with her incessant wedding planning.

These things wouldn’t normally be a big deal during any other season, but “Christmas” changes everything.

And this Christmas, my “little big lie” about a non-existent fiancé is finally in danger of being exposed to my family …
To prevent that from happening, I decide to download The Office Guest.

It’s an app for anyone who needs to hire a “fake & attractive businessman” to impress close family and friends.

At least, that’s what I was hoping for.

When the guy I selected bails on me at the last minute, the app promises to send me “an even sexier replacement.”

They must’ve meant “the devil wrapped in red,” because this guy is not some random actor.

And he’s definitely not a “fake” businessman…

He’s my former boss.

The asshole who fired me four Christmases ago.

Okay, now it’s officially the worst holiday season ever...

My Review: 

Best Holiday novella ever! This book became my favorite! I finished it in two nights. 

This book had everything:  a hot billionaire, a little awkward heroine, funny friends and family. I loved that this book was not just heartwarming, but funny and there were some really hot scenes too. Perfect combination.

I loved the dual point of views. I loved all of the characters, not just a Dominic and Georgia but the side characters were lovable too.

Dominic was a complex character, he was a succesful, strong-minded businessman but he was so cute too. I fell in love with him because of this. I think if it were a full lenght book I'd loved him more if it would possible.

Georgia was sooo funny. She didn't want to work at Dominic's firm, she hated it. She made a lot of mistake but somehow Dominic didn't fire her... :) But she wasn't just that silly woman/bad employee I thought in the beginning. She was good in her family's business, she didn't belonged in Dominic's firm.

The Office Guest app is unique.. and Dominic in it was a little unbelievable, out of character but the plot was good, so I didn't care.

The only problem was that the story was too short. I want more of this silly story. 

I love the author's style, I love her office romances. This book was a perfect romcom for me, I was laughing a lot while I was reading it. 5*

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:

A legjobb karácsonyi novella amit olvastam! Kedvenc lett! Két este alatt kiolvastam.

Ebben a könyvben minden volt ami kellett: egy szexi milliomos, egy kicsit ügyetlen főhősnő, vicces barátok és család. Amiért annyira szerettem ezt a könyvet, az az, hogy nem csak egy szívmelengető karácsonyi könyv, hanem vicces is és ugyanakkor azért van még benne egy két forró jelenet is. Szóval mindezek tökéletes kombinációja. 

Tetszett a kettős nézőpont. Minden karaktert megszerettem és nemcsak a főszereplők, de mellékszereplők is belopták magukat a  szívembe.

Dominic egy igen összetett pasi volt. Egyrészt egy sikeres, határozott üzletember, másrészt egy édes pasi. És pont ezért szerettem meg. Ha ez egy teljes regény lett volna, szerintem jobban bele is zúgtam volna, hiszen akkor véleményem szerint  sokkal részletesebben ki lett volna dolgozva a karaktere.

Georgia rettentő vicces volt. Nem akart Dominic cégénél dolgozni, de nem volt más választása. Egyszerűen utálta. Nagyon sok hibát vétett, de valahogy Dominic mégsem rúgta ki... :)  De valójában ő nem csak az a butuska nő/ rossz munkavállaló volt, akire először gondolnánk. Nem, ő a családja válallkozásában brillíroz, csak szimplán nem illett Dominic cégébe.

Az Office Guest applikáció ötlete elég egyedi, és Dominic mint ennek részese elég hihetetlen volt számomra, de mivel tetszett a történet, ez a kis mozzanat egyáltalán nem zavart.

Az egyetlen probléma ezzel a történettel, hogy túl rövi volt. Olvastam volna még ez a kis butuska történetet.

Szeretem az írónő stílusát. Tökéletes kikapcsolódást jelentett számomra ez a romantikus történet, teljesen felvidított, sokat nevettem, míg olvastam. 5*

0 Megjegyzések