THE PEARL by Tiffany Reisz~ARC Review

 


Blurb:

When Lord Arthur Godwick learns his younger brother is up to his bollocks in debt to Regan Ferry, owner of The Pearl Hotel, he agrees to work off the tab...in her bed. Soon the handsome but troubled Arthur discovers he's a pawn in an erotic game of revenge--and nothing, including his lover, is what it seems.


Véleményem:

Először is el szeretném mondani, hogy szeretem Tiffany Reisz könyveit. Egyedi  a stílusa, és nagyon jól ír erotikus stílusban, szeretem olvasni a könyveit.

A sorozat előző részeit, a The Red és a The Rose című könyveket olvastam, és tetszettek- mondjuk a Red azért jobban bejött- ezek után semmiképpen sem akartam kihagyni a harmadik részt a The Pearl- t. Sajnálatos módon ez a könyv valahogy nem lett a szívem csücske.

A stílus, az írásmód nagyon jó volt, mint mindig, de a cselekmény nekem nem tetszett. Szerintem nem volt olyan izgalmas, mint az előző könyvek. A szereplőket sem kedveltem meg. Nagyon sok fejezetben olvashattuk, hogy Arthur szubmisszív volt, de nekem ez "nem jött át", szerintem nem volt az. A hálószobában mindent megtett a partneréért, de nem gondolnám, hogy ettől szubmisszív lenne. Egy igazi férfi volt, többnyire ő irányított szex közben.

Regan- nel nem volt problémám, de ő se lett a kedvencem.

A szexjelenetek jók voltak, mint hogy ezt már megszokhattuk az írónőtől.

Sajnos, én most erre a könyvre 3 csillagnál többet nem tudok adni. :(

⭐⭐⭐

My Review

First of all I have to tell you, that I love Tiffany Reisz' style. She is unique in the erotic genre and I really enjoy reading her books. 

Before this book I read and loved The Red, and The Rose was a good book too (but I loved The Red more). After these I didn't want to skip The Pearl, but it didn't became my favorite. 

The writing was fantastic as always but I didn't enjoy the plot. It wasn't as exciting as the previous books. The characters didn't become my favorite either. In this book in a lot of chapters I read that Arthur was a submissive, but I didn't think so. He did everything for his partner in the bedroom but I really didn't think he was submissive. He was a man, mostly he was who controlled during sex.

Regan was an okay character for me. I didn't have any problem with her.

The sex scenes were hot as always.

So I'm sorry but I can only give 3*

⭐⭐⭐

0 Megjegyzések